November 1, 2013

Halloween Treats


We decided to keep this Halloween pretty low-key and went trick-or-treating with a few of my daughter's best girlfriends. Such a sassy little bunch of girls! I also couldn't help but crack up as I watched my baby boy run around with the big kids. He's only two so this was his first year to really get into the spirit and it was so fun to watch him race around from door to door. Such a little cutie, that boy! 

I thought that it would be perfectly fitting to make some chocolate cupcakes with marshmallow buttercream "ghosts" and a showstopping caramel apple cake for dessert. I'm pretty sure that everyone really enjoyed them both and I sent them all home with heaping plates of sweets to munch on over the weekend. Hey, it's Halloween, after all :)

I also made my favorite peanut butter, chocolate chip, pretzel cookies (yes, THOSE cookies!) and forced everyone to eat them right out of the oven. I love watching people who have never had them take their first bite. They are so addicting and by far my favorite cookie ever. More to come on those later, though! 

Right now I'm off to bake up a batch of white chocolate + pomegranate cookies so be sure to check back to see how they turned out. I have the highest hopes for this pairing and can't wait to style them for the website. Happy Friday and hope you are enjoying this beautiful Fall weather!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog