October 30, 2013

Vanilla Cake with Praline Filling

A few weeks ago I was asked to make a few treats to take to one of my best friend's bridal showers. The theme of the party was Mardi Gras but instead of taking the obvious (albeit festive) route, I went for a more classic take on one of New Orleans' signature desserts - praline. It's always been one of my favorite sweets because it ticks all the right boxes. Sweet, creamy, nutty, etc., etc. I decided to make my favorite vanilla butter cake with a heavy dose of praline filling in between the three layers and to my delight, the cake was a huge success. Like fight-over-who-gets-to-lick-the-cake-board success. I could not have been more excited and motivated after the party to get my business up and running and I have this perfect little praline cake to thank for it. It really is quite the crowd pleaser!

Last weekend I was asked to make another one for a birthday party and here she is all packaged up and ready to be delivered. Thankfully they liked the cake just as much as the first time they tried it and I can't wait until I can photograph it properly so you can all see how delicious the filling looks. 

Hope you all have a happy, happy Halloween and be sure to check back in soon to see a few holiday desserts I'm whipping up for tomorrow night!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog