February 18, 2014

The best brownies with marshmallow fluff and dulce de leche topping




I'll start this post with a little back story: When I was in college I studied abroad in Argentina and fell head over heels in love with the culture, language, people and the sweet richness of dulce de leche. Should we ever meet I'm sure this story would come up within the first few minutes of talking to me. What can I say, those were the "good ole days" for a reason, right?

I got a serious craving for some dulce de leche earlier this week and decided to make my own from scratch. It was a slow-going process and took just over 8 hours from start to finish, but so worth it. When I started Buttercup I was determined to, if nothing else, be a strictly from-scratch bakery. That commitment has had its challenges at times, but I have learned and grown so much as I do my best to master techniques and continue to learn new ones. Dulce de leche is most definitely something I am proud to add to my book of tricks.

I combined the dulce de leche with some house-made marshmallow fluff and topped my favorite hot-from-the-oven brownies till it was melty and gooey and exactly what my sweet tooth was needing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog