March 9, 2014

Coconut Tres Leches Cake













We invited my girl's best friend and her family over for lunch this afternoon and being the incredibly supportive friends that they are, they helped me style and photograph some great shots of this pretty little cake. It's not everyday that you find people that don't look at you like a crazy person when you are hovering (usually alarmingly off balance) over a table full of food arranged just so. I can't thank them enough :)

We had pork tacos with my favorite pickled carrots and cabbage, guacamole, fire roasted salsa and a coconut tres leches cake for dessert. All the tres leches cakes I have had in the past were usually sopping wet and served out of a rectangular baking dish. While they are usually delicious, I was looking for something that was milky and could also sustain being stacked neatly into layers. I was really pleased with how it turned out and true to form, the girls loved the whipped cream and their heaping side of cherries that we served it with.

It was a fun time and we sent our friends home with lots of leftovers and Brandon and I are brewing a pot of coffee to enjoy an extra slice as we speak. 

Happy Sunday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog